The Optics Research Group performs research in:
- high resolution imaging and sensing,
- Highly sensitive optical metrology,
- new optical sources and detectors, in a wide wavelength range from x-rays to THz and with high application potential.
Scientific and technical breakthroughs are achieved by using and developing
- opto-electronic devices to actively and adaptively shape and steer electromagnetic fields;
- new optical materials and resonant structures (e.g. hyperbolic media, graded index materials)
- computational optics and artificial intelligence to extract optimum information from measured data.