Optics Research Group
The Optics Research Group of Delft University of Technology carries out research to achieve disruptive improvements in resolution and sensitivity for plethora applications, and provides high level education and supervision to students and trainings for industry. The Group is active in outreach, is co-leader of the Dutch Optics Centre and is in the Boards of international and national optical societies such as ICO, EOS and PhotonicsNL.
The Optics Research Group performs research in:
- high resolution imaging and sensing,
- highly sensitive optical metrology,
- new optical sources and detectors, in a wide wavelength range from x-rays to THz and with high application potential.
Scientific and technical breakthroughs are achieved by using and developing
- opto-electronic devices to actively and adaptively shape and steer electromagnetic fields;
- new optical materials and resonant structures (e.g. hyperbolic media, graded index materials)
- computational optics and artificial intelligence to extract optimum information from measured data.