Optics Research Group
The Optics Research Group of Delft University of Technology carries out research to achieve disruptive improvements in resolution and sensitivity for a plethora of applications, and provides high level education and supervision of students and trainings for industry. The Group is active in outreach, is co-leader of the Dutch Optics Centre and is/hs been in the Boards of international and national optical societies such as ICO, EOS and PhotonicsNL.
The Optics Research Group performs research in:
- high resolution imaging and sensing,
- highly sensitive optical metrology,
- new optical sources and detectors, in a wide wavelength range from x-rays to THz and with high application potential.
Scientific and technical breakthroughs are achieved by using and developing:
- opto-electronic devices to actively and adaptively shape and steer electromagnetic fields,
- new optical materials and resonant structures (e.g. hyperbolic media, graded index materials),
- computational optics and artificial intelligence to extract optimum information from measured data.
The Optics Group is co-leader of the Dutch Optics Centre (DOC). DOC is an initiative of TU Delft and TNO with the aim to support Dutch optics industry by defining R&D projects with industrial partners, stimulate valorisation of optics research results and give training and eduction for workers from industry.